Friday, April 6, 2018

5 on Friday : Things That Are Making Me Smile!

Happy Friday y'all. We're headed up to Greenville tomorrow so my parents can drive us to Charlotte for our one-way flight to move to London on Sunday! Eek! I can't believe it's here. This process has gone by so fast. Unreal that in three days, I'll be a resident of the UK. Crazy. 

There's been a lot of stress around here lately as you can imagine (shared all my honest thoughts here), so today I'm sharing 5 things that put a smile on my face this week! Hope you enjoy this fun rundown of 5 on Friday!

{ONE} Momsplaining with Kristen Bell

If you haven't heard, Facebook now has Watch which is compiled of "TV" shows and more. Ellen launched a show with Kristen Bell (my total girl crush) and it is just SO good y'all. Warning, you'll get sucked in and watch all the episodes at once. Watch them here.

{TWO} Ruffle Fit & Flare Midi Dress

Ok please no judgment on this messy mirror selfie but y'all I LOVE this dress. It's rare for a shortie to look good in a midi dress, but this one is just special with the fit and flare and ruffles. I have a feeling I'll be wearing this navy number (it also comes in a gorgeous light blue and sunny yellow) all summer long and on all our travels. Find it here.
I'm really dying for these shoes (25% off right now) to wear with this dress for travel. 

{THREE} I Feel Pretty Trailor 

This movie looks like it's going to be such a breath of fresh air for us ladies! Amy Schumer is hilarious and I think confidence is the one thing we gals seriously lack. Hope this reminds you to feel pretty today! Do they play US movies in the UK?


{FOUR} Printed Floral Dress

This dress makes me SO happy for so many reasons, but I'm so sad that when it arrived it was too large and I needed a size down. Don't have time to exchange it, so I've got to let it go, but y'all go buy it NOW. It's flattering, light but a good transition piece with the long sleeves and so unique with the print. 

{FIVE} Instagram-spiration

Totally just made that word up. But y'all, Instagram is pulling me through this week. Everyone gives social media such a bad rep, and yes I know I'm biased, but here are the few things that have given me life this week. 
The caption on this one gets me. "There is nothing in nature that blooms all year round. So don't expect yourself to either."  -@rhiannonbosse
Thank you @pink.anchor for sending this one. Love it!
 Y'all should see my house ever since we've packed. This from @ohhappyday made me chuckle because it's totally how I feel about the state of my home (and life).
Anyone else into crystals? I had a pretty awesome rock collection in a hot pink kaboodle growing up so it's a natural fit for me haha(!). They don't hurt and if they actually work, great! I love the breakdown that goes along with this post from @melyssa_griffin.

Aren't you feeling happier already? Between the laughs, beautiful and well-fitting dresses and inspiration this post did me well. 

Cheers for now you guys, may be a little silent around here (+ we'll have a new look when we come back!!!). Follow along on Instagram Stories to see our journey abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips